If you do not feel able to make the commitments required for Baptism you may find a Thanksgiving service to be suitable for your child. This is a joyful celebration with family and friends to say “Thank you” to God and “name” your child publicly.
The service involves:
- Lighting a candle and making a public commitment to care for your child
- “Godparents” similar to a Baptism
- Signing your child with the sign of the cross
- Support and prayers of the church
- A certificate to mark the occasion
Please get in touch if you’d like more information.